First Baptist Church was organized in fall of 1895. The church building was located on South Grand Ave. In 1907 land was purchased and a new church building was built on the corner of 2nd & Pine. In 1914 that building burned. FBC then built a brick building. Addition to the church for Sunday School classes were added in 1954 and added on to in 1970. In 1988 a new worship center was erected on the corner of 3rd and Aurora. In 2004 the old santuary was demolisted and a Family Life Center was built.